前進 – advance, progress, forward
Hello 2017, yoroshiku!
It’s complicated making changes in your life, but as they say, change is the only thing constant in life.
So why not change (変化) as my choice of kanji for this year?
Because the change has already been going on last year, and now, there is only one option left: to move forward (前進).
Incidentally, one of my favorite Arashi songs is Everybody Zenshin.
Everybody 前進 Come on everybody!
New job, new challenges, new people, new place, new year.
Still, some things remain the same. Like remaining a fangirl at heart.
Being a fangirl keeps the balance in an otherwise stressful real life.
But there are times being a fangirl can be stressful, if you know what I mean.
So when something gets toxic in a portion of my fangirl life, I go all zenshin (or just go zen). It’s easier said than done, especially if you have invested time and resources on something. As the fox told the little prince, “it is the time you have wasted on your rose that makes your rose important”.
So in going zenshin, what are the things to look forward to ahead as a fangirl?
- CNBLUE Yonghwa’s debut on the silver screen through the Hong Kong extravaganza Cook Up A Storm (January 28).
- Arashi Ohno Satoshi’s Shinobu no Kuni where he plays a
lazyninja (July 1).
- Arashi Matsumoto Jun’s Narratage where he plays a teacher (October).
- Arashi Ninomiya Kazunari’s Last Recipe where he plays a talented chef (November 3).
- Park Shinhye’s new movie, Silence, a remake of the acclaimed Chinese movie Silent Witness; her co-stars are impressive: no less than Choi Minsik and Ryoo Joonyul.
- CNBLUE’s comeback album.
- Arashi’s 18th year (new tour, new album, other projects including new dramas, maybe?).
Looks like 2017 is a film-dominated year for my favorites. But I am looking forward to new music from CNBLUE and of course, curious on what Arashi will come up with this year.
Arashi’s album last year, Are You Happy?, was an interesting piece of work (I haven’t blogged in a long time I did not even cover this).
And more than anything, in answer to the question: are you happy?
All I can say is, I’ve been busy!
Wishing for the best 2017 could offer. And wishing my faves the best foot forward from hereon. Zenshin!
Zenshin aru nomi.
Go forward only.
© Orange Jasmine Purple Yam (blogging since 2001). Unauthorized use and/or duplication of the contents in this site without permission from the author/owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Orange Jasmine Purple Yam with appropriate link to the original content.